Cardenal Gardoqui, 8.
Tel.: +34 944 151 411
Fax: +34 944 154 579
International Project Category :
PRIME project was launched by Iberdrola in order to assess the idea, define and test a
new, future proof, PLC based, open standard that could meet the future requirements on
customer real time interfacing and smart grid evolution.
Prime project structure consists of a Steering Committee chaired by Iberdrola and 4
- Physical Layer
- MAC Layer
- Upper Layers
- Deployment & Field tests.
The project includes members from all relevant stakeholder groups in order to cover all
the different activities involved: utilities, meter manufacturers, chip designers,
integrators, etc. Prime project members are:
- Advance Digital Design
- Current Technologies International
- Landis & Gyr
- ST Microelectronics
- ZIV Medida
– Pre-Prime: solution assessment & testing (200 meter-rooms in 3 towns).
– 13/9: PRIME Project launching.
– 31/12: Physical & Mac specifications available.
– 28/2: Specifications made public.
– 31/4: Prototypes available from three different vendors.
– 31/7: Lab and grid testing completed.
– 31/12: Medium size technical deployment & testing completed.