American Transmission Company’s (ATC) Enhanced Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) Communications Backbone project is deploying new fiber optic transmission communications infrastructure across the company’s Wisconsin footprint. The interconnection of the new fiber segments expands ATC’s data communications and integrates a total of 149 substations within ATC’s data communication and collection networks. Targeted benefits include improved communications reliability and reduced operations and maintenance costs.
- Customer System Communications Network
- Meter Communications Network
- Synchrophasor Communications Network
- Improved Communications Reliability
- Reduced Operating and Maintenance Costs
Click the PDF icon to download the project description: