This document contains the fact sheet of Barack Obama and Joe Biden's energy policy during the 2008 presidential election campaign. The plan includes the following:
- Provide short‐term relief to American families facing pain at the pump
- Help create five million new jobs by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future.
- Within 10 years save more oil than we currently import from the Middle East and Venezuela combined
- Put 1 million Plug‐In Hybrid cars – cars that can get up to 150 miles per gallon – on the road by 2015, cars that we will work to make sure are built here in America
- Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025
- Implement an economy‐wide cap‐and‐trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050