Based on a topology analysis, the network coloring presentation provides a clear and simple view of:
• electrical status of equipment (energized, de-energized, grounded, abnormal),
• presence of loops and parallel infeeds,
• equipment galvanically connected downstream or upstream to a point defined by the operator,
• galvanic path between two points defined by the operator,
• limit violations (e.g. loads, voltages).
This procedure describes what activities are performed by an operator in the control room when he want’s to get topological information combined with electrical status information. The operator realizes the network connectivity and electrical status of power system.