This document contains the details OpenGIS, a suite of standards and profiles for the interoperable exchange of information relating to geospatial information including the exchange of sensor data. From this suite, the following are particularly useful to the purposes of the smart grid:
- CityGML Encoding Standard for the representation, storage and exchange of virtual 3D city and landscape models.
- Coordinate Transformation Services
- GeoXACML – extends OASIS Access Control Markup Language (XACML) to Geospatial information
- KML – foundational standard for expressing geographic annotation and visualization
- SensorML the geometric, dynamic, and observational characteristics of sensors and sensor systems.
- Sensor Observation Service Interface Standard (SOS)
- Sensor Planning Service Interface Standard (SPS)
- Transducer Markup Language Encoding Standard (TML)
More Information on this standard can be found here.