Traditionally, utilities send a metering service person to connect or disconnect the meter. With an AMI system, the connect/disconnect can be performed remotely by switching the remote connect/disconnect (RCD) switch for the following reasons.
• Remote Connect for Move-In
• Remote Connect for Reinstatement on Payment
• Remote Disconnect for Move-Out
• Remote Disconnect for Non-Payment
• Remote Disconnect for Emergency Load Control
• Unsolicited Connect / Disconnect Event
The use case describes remote connect/disconnect with an advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).